Old 04-01-20, 07:26 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4234 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
Originally Posted by hubcyclist
here's some amusement for folks, adventures in selling kid bike on craiglist. got an email asking to send pictures of the tires. What I really wanted to say is that tires are cheap to replace if for whatever reason you don't like the bike's tires (tread pattern, wear, whatever), but parents who have no idea how bikes are going to wonder about things that don't really matter.
I'd imagine the wanting to see the tires is hoping for an indication of how used the bike is. They don't realize you can change tires and are hoping to see the little nubbins that are on brand new knobbies, which would tell them that the bike was hardly ridden and they can pretend they're giving their kid a new bike.

We have a bunch of baby/toddler stuff that we'd taken pictures of (and I was being lazy about writing ad copy for) to put up on craigslist or nextdoor or whatever. Now it's all spread out in the basement, but I'm holding off on trying to sell it until after this whole social distancing thing is over. My son's 12" balance bike should probably be added to that as he's 5 (and did his first non-training wheel or attached to dad's bike) pedaling for a few yards over the weekend. His older sister's hand me down 16" bike has training wheels and I've been hooking his 16" bike (no training wheels) to the back of mine for about a year now. If he keeps growing and starts riding on his own, I've got a 20" bike that I bought the same time I bought his 16" (and his sister's 24") waiting to give him for his birthday in October. Who knows, maybe by waiting to sell all my baby junk, I'll time it right and be able to get rid of it as the baby boom hits this November.