Old 10-31-18, 02:47 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
I wouldn't agree that the overall fastest is the most important, but I do think that UCI definitely feels that women's racing in general is of secondary importance, and, if they can allow transgender athletes to race there, it will be good PR by making them look open and welcoming and it's only women's racing, so who cares if it leads to competitive? Again, that's my take on their feeling, not that I'm agreeing with it by any means. A more cynical me thinks that they also think that, if someone raises a stink, it means more press for them and that's always a good thing. I mean would we really still be talking about womens' masters champs (or any world championships) if not for this?
Despite my rep to some, I care very little that fairness discussion is around women, trans or those that medically need drugs. It is pretty evident that TUEs do not lead to fairness.

An unfair win is not a "legit" win in my opinion. It is a real win and it is not cheating, but the "honor" that comes from being "legit" they do not deserve.

Without looking it up, does anyone posting know the new women's 200m record time set by the athlete that did the event once?
I do know the time set by the legit (I believe) American that set it in the pursuit this year.

I also pay attention to many legit women's times past and present - Amber, Kristen, Summer, Cloie, Megan, Linda.

TUE wins regardless of sexual orientation or affliction are very grey to me. As posted many times, TUEs should go way.
A TUE athlete should recuse themselves and not race against others that do not have the same access to what they do. When they can race like everyone else they race against, they are legit.