Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6199 Post(s)
Liked 4,816 Times in 3,323 Posts
Originally Posted by bikebikebike
For the ones I ride regularly, good mounts rock. Still, I have to constantly reconfigure, and the Orings become a consumable
Why are you constantly reconfiguring? I put the cheap'o plastic 1/4 turn Garmin mount on my Paramout and it's been there with the same Garmin bands (o-rings) since 2017. My Raleigh would be older, but I disassembled that bike in 2020 and took the original Garmin mount and bands off of it that was put on in 2010.

Lights? Does Garmin make lights for bikes other than Varia radar? That comes with both a cheapo plastic mount and bands or a better clamp on mount with adapters for tube size.

Still I can't see changing mounts between bikes, which you sort of said you don't do, but then you said you are always re-configuring. So I'm still at loss to understand why you have to move the mount so much. The device, yes, the mount no.

And if the lights and other things you are moving or reconfiguring the mounts for aren't Garmin, then I guess I've no idea how good their bands (o-rings) might be. Maybe they just used the cheapest they could find that have no UV resistance or are otherwise intended to remain stretched. A o-ring intended to be a seal wouldn't need UV resistance or would it remain stretched after it's installed.