View Single Post
Old 06-21-07, 07:15 AM
bmike
Bye Bye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I rode a steel / carbon LeMond last year.
Worked great, except for the clip on fenders which sucked in the rain, and no real place to hook up lights (I used knobs on the fork), no real place to attach a rack (for the 400 and the 600, but I made a Tubus work OK), and no clearance for tires larger than 25mm - and this was a huge benefit when I got my new frame - what a difference in comfort wider tires can make!

I think if carbon bikes came with some options for creature comforts I'd be more into them... but most seem set up for fair weather, racer type riding...

The bike worked perfectly fine. I was comfortable as I could be on that frame (the geometry changed on
my new ride and I'm more comfortable now...)

YMMV

Ride what you love, love what you ride, but for long rides make sure its comfortable.

I get laughed at when I roll up to group rides with my Carradice, fenders, and lights still mounted - but I ride like I ride - no sense in changing the bike around for each ride... I'm comfortable, and I always have the same gear with me... and it means I can take the long way home if I feel like it.