View Single Post
Old 04-03-20, 12:30 PM
bmcer

Bikes: Full campy Record EPS BMC Team Machine slr01, Canyon CF SL 8.0 Endurance

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 66 Posts
I finally figured out why my Zwift/Kinetc smart control set up was not adjusting resistance in coordination with climbing/descending in Zwift. Turns out it was pilot error, or more correctly operator ignorance. I had been pairing Zwift with my Assiamo pedals for power rather than using the power data from the trainer. I could still pair the trainer separately, but I noticed the "controllable" label wasn't highlighted. In this configuration, Zwift seems to be aware of the trainer but isn't talking to it. So I tried unpairing everything, then bringing the sensors back on line starting with power, this time selecting the trainer as the source. As soon as I did that, the trainer also appeared in the lower right sensor panel with the "controllable" label now highlighted. All the other sensors came on line as usual so I went from there to pick a nice hilly route and started to ride. Yup!! The at first grade i came to, sure enough, the trainer forced me to down shift (more than once) just like a real slope. Violá! It's all good.
Likes For bmcer: