Old 08-18-19, 09:04 AM
momsonherbike

Bikes: All mine are electric bikes now

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 37 Posts
Did you overbuy? Yeah, sorry to say I think so.

Look, you're just starting out on your fitness program. The bike is nice, but probably not quite suited to you ... yet. Best to find a less pricy bike, an aluminum one the shop will fit to you, a bike suitable for where you want to ride.

Or look into the ebikes. This would be my suggestion, based upon the medical situation you shared, and just starting out pretty much. It won't drop you on the hills but instead will flatten them for you, is quietly encouraging no matter how bad the headwind or how tired you get, helps you when you need it, lets you comfortably ride with others that may be stronger and faster (a great motivator), and a enjoyable perk (like having a mechanical personal training coach) for getting out every day cycling to get fitter and stronger ...and (best of all) slimmer.

If you stick with cycling, and as you get stronger, you should feel more than justified to happily upgrade...and start adding to your bike collection. Then you can let hubby come along for the ride, him on your ebike so he can keep up with you, while you ride the newest of your collection.

Best of luck to you going forward with your program!!!

Last edited by momsonherbike; 08-18-19 at 09:19 AM.