Old 08-21-22, 05:01 PM
Super D

Bikes: Canyon Road, Argon18 TT, DF Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Hi everyone, hope you're all healthy and having a good summertime. I haven't been on here since covid hit (it hit us pretty hard, I stopped track cycling and am just starting up again, after getting back out on the road and building some basic fitness this year).

I'm starting to learn about Team Sprint for masters, wondering if there is a gear ratio/inches reference doc to review with examples of gearing used for different masters teams for Man 1, Man 2, Man 3 (realizing that ultimately gearing is personalized, but good to see examples from different masters setups).

For flying 200, before I took a hiatus, I was comfortable using 108" for qualifying and 102" for match sprints, but for sure lots to learn, practice, improve, and gearing is subject to change over time. But that's where I left off.

I'm thinking Man 1 may be geared a little lower than Man 2 and 3, because he has to get up to speed slightly quicker and is leading, then Man 2 and Man 3 benefit from his draft, so I'm guessing a slightly higher gearing could be used for 2 and 3. Power levels and cadence that you're comfortable with at a given speed can vary, so those and other factors contribute to gearing choices no doubt.

From your firsthand experience, what do you tend to see for gear-inches for Man 1, 2, 3?

And are there any reference docs online that you would recommend I review?

Thank you, much appreciated.

P.S. I have front + rear disc wheels from pursuit, any reason why I shouldn't use those for Team Sprint (indoors)?