View Single Post
Old 06-14-10, 01:31 PM
SCROUDS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeshoup
Bicycles aren't cars either. A bicyclist running a red light is a lot less of a danger to others than a car running a red light.

We can play this "bicycles are this and aren't that" game all day if you like.

Personally, I do not want a registration number hanging off the back of my bicycle. I don't want to pay for it. I don't think a bicycle is all that more dangerous to others that it justifies a license plate.

What's next? Are we going to require licenses to operate bicycles as well?
I don't want to pay for dog licenses or auto registrations either, but in the grand scheme of things I'd rather pay it then go without.

As to licensing of bicyclists, yes I would completely support mandatory licensing for bycicle drivers. Voluntary methods of education haven't been very effective, and I'm all for ramming it down their throat, one way or another.

Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Who is this "we" and "they" that YOU are jabbering about?
"we" are the collective people that form society, as enforced by either the police or "code enforcement" which is sometimes seperate from the police. "They" being the reagistered owners of bicycles recorded as illegally traveling through a red light.

It would also be useful to more easily track down hit and run cyclists, especially in ped-cycle crashes.