View Single Post
Old 11-27-12, 01:08 PM
mynameistaken

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
The only arguably trollish thing about my comment is that I responded to a troll.

You have to read what I said in context.

First, this thread started in the Road Forum, not the hybrid forum.
- the title was "flat bar road bikes" not flat bar hybrid bikes.

Second, the discussion related to how it was stupid to race with flat bars on a road racing frame with deep sectioned wheels.
- i am curious as to where those pics were taken and what type of race it was. Maybe it was a super technical crit where the wide bars would have been an advantage.

The comment you chose to highlight was in response to the post to the effect that at least your not a sheep.
- Yes the OP was being a little defensive due to all of the negative posts

Are you honestly taking the position that it makes sense to take a $3000 carbon frame, put Zipp 404's on it, then put flat bars on it, for the specific purpose of racing said bike? - For a typical professional road race, no.

Or are you just trying to be argumentative?
- I have a flat bar road bike which I will post in this thread after work. Why are you posting in this thread?

I stand by my position that it's stupid to put flat bars on a bike in that context, just for the the purpose of avoiding "being a sheep"
- you live in flat as a pancake Florida. An argument could be made that you should ride a tri bike with aero bars and anything else would be stupid.

I can't imagine any reasonable person would take significant issue with that.

- You are certainly entitled to your opinion and maybe you should start a flat bar road bike bashing thread. This is a post a pic thread

see above