Old 09-22-18, 11:14 AM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by ttusomeone
Moots Routt RSL with Ultegra Di2 Hydro and Enve components. I plan to use this bike for gravel, CX, and an all around spare road bike. Who knows, it may even become my primary road bike. it's pretty fun to ride.

Poor stagin aside, I love the moots, is the handlebar tape something cool and funky or is it just the lighting that seems to have it match the Moots logo? Are you running those wheels tubeless and if so how are those Specialized Turbo's? I ask because that's my next set to try, I really liked the tubed variation.

Originally Posted by canyoneagle
Indoor shot, but submitted for scrutiny:
1990 Zullo Competition, Columbus EL-OS, TVM team colors, number hanger. 62.5 cm c-c with 60 cm tt
11 speed Chorus with 2014 SR crank
Record hubs, Sapim cx-ray spokes, Archetype rims, 25mm Conti 4000sII
Thomson post/stem, Ritchey WCS NeoClassic bar
20.2 pounds as built. Could hit sub 19 with lightweight tubular setup.

And MyTi - the answer to your inevitable question is: Because I prefer top end steel, and the slight weight penalty is meaningless to me.

I adore that frame, and admire the set up. I agree with a previous poster that the wheels don't do it any justice appearance wise. I love tall people, I envy them, and I wish I was one... but sadly tall bikes for tall people just look plain out of proportion and that has a negative effect on "hot factor" (I think I just coined that term). You hit all the right marks though, you just need something like 32 inch wheels!

Originally Posted by Fox Farm
It is a nice looking bike and I would put it in the Cool category more than the Hot category (don't ask for any detailed reasoning for why...). I am half way thinking that if the lower part of the frame that is canary yellow were silver, like the bit of the seat mast that is showing, it would definately look hot. But regardless, a nice looking bike. Good job.
Thanks for the kind words! Yup I really wanted a bright bike and chose those colors for that reason along with gloss vs. matte paint, but I see your point. FWIW the silver on the seat mast is stainless steel at the contact points, it's one of the things that Speedvagen does. If you happen to look at my build thread take a look at the dropouts as well, absolutely stunning albeit not sure that it adds any functionality other than perhaps inability to scratch.