FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by vane171
Weird contrast - the guy makes the bike that you'd consider dead write off like new but he (and others in that neighborhood) does nothing about improving his place in similar fashion. Like that back alley way he gives the finished bike spin in is also a 'dead write off' but nothing is done about it by those who live there. What a dispiriting place to live in.
Originally Posted by vane171
In some way, yes and no. Thing is, I've seen much worse in North America but then you talk about people who likely live by some sort of crime or whatever, not skilled and diligent like this chap in the video. With that enthusiasm he puts into renovating the bikes, and likely many in such place are like him, they could do something about those dwelling walls that look like pigsties. I've been around enough to know what it all looks like, even what the video doesn't show.

But that's just saying, likely those folks have good reason having it the way it is.
Lack of income. Fixing up worn out bikes and selling them cheap probably barely keeps him housed and fed. Assuming he doesn't have a better job somewhere.

Last edited by FiftySix; 05-25-20 at 12:34 PM.
Likes For FiftySix: