Old 08-14-20, 08:10 AM
Racing Dan

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
Jagwires.

But I don't know that it is your cables. The whole point of compressionless cables is to get rid of the lever flex that comes from compressing the cable housings. Brakes should go from off to on with very little movement. Just like using stainless wrapped brake hoses on a car.

sounds to me like you need some better pads. I like kool stop pads with my spyres. Make sure your rotors are clean as well. Deglaze them with a sander using fine grit garnet sandpaper.
Possibly better pads would help*, but even getting the pads to touch the disc feels unusually stiff. Thats why I get the impression the cables has more than normal friction. Im Inclined to try out the road pro kit from Jagwire, but its expensive and id like some confirmation that its actually good before spending more money and more time tinkering with those damned brakes.

*I already did try other pads. TRP stock is semi metallic. I tried Shimano organic. Stopping is about the same but the organics squeal a bit less. No revolution tho.

Last edited by Racing Dan; 08-14-20 at 08:17 AM.