Old 11-13-17, 07:27 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
If you get it at a big discount, I'd buy it. Worst case you don't like it and can resell it on ebay at the same price or more.

Every light I've had has had tradeoffs and none of them is perfect.

Taz 1500:
- Very wide beam pattern, if you're afraid of animals jumping into your path this is the way to go
- Does a good job of shaping the beam so that it's even over the road (this is a lot more helpful than it sounds)
- The neutral-white-ish led's they use I find both my own eyes prefer them and they're far less blinding for oncoming bikers / traffic
- Does a decent job of putting most of it's light output on the road. While a true shaped beam light does that better, the taz is a bit more natural in that you can still see the upper parts of peoples bodies with the light.

Negatives:
- The biggest drawback of the Taz was that it didn't go down the road as far as I would have liked. To really enjoy riding with it at decent speeds (above 15mph) I found I needed to add a 2nd light that punched down the road further.
- Aesthetically, on the 1500 I preferred my Fenix who's light was a little more yellow. The Taz 1500 was closer to a whitish/moonlight color. This might not even apply to the 2000, who knows.

Overall it's a good light. If a friend needed a light and could get a discount on one I'd say go for it. It's drawback is that what you gain in it having a wider beam pattern, you lose a bit in how far down the road it illuminates.