View Single Post
Old 06-11-19, 11:42 PM
Dr.Lou

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 61 Posts
Confession time. Been using Look Delta cleats/pedals on my road bikes for the past 20+ years and have fallen 3-4 times due to brain fart - always on my left side while maintaining both hands on the bars, usually ending on my back with the bike straight above me.

After moving to Manila for consulting work, I bought 2 bikes, putting CB Mallet Es on my Marin Four Corners Elite. It’s my first time with MTB shoes and clipless platform pedals, which have much more resistance between the shoe and pedal than I am used to. Regardless of practicing clipping out countless times, I managed to go over 3 times on my first ride. The first was when a guy on a scooter cut in front of me and despite great effort I couldn’t unclip and over I went, rolling on my back with the bike pointing strait up. Having had enough of that, for the remainder of the ride I purposely didn’t clip in when riding through heavily congested parts of the route. However, I was cutoff two more times and found that I unknowingly clipped in and over I went. It’s the most helpless feeling...
The good news is, other than scuffed bar tape, the bike survived without a scratch.
Immediately after the ride and still with bloody left elbow and knee, I paid my LBS a visit. After explaining my adventure, I was handed a set of CB’s “easy release” cleats; haven’t went down since.

Last edited by Dr.Lou; 06-12-19 at 07:37 AM.