Thread: Addiction LXXVI
View Single Post
Old 10-19-19, 05:52 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
What is the fatal attraction of voice-activated navigation in the car? Riding with friends I have observed at least 10 episodes of trying to get directions by voice inquiry, without a single success. Several of the examples actually were using On Star with a live agent coming on to perform the search. It never works. Never, ever. Either you are totally misunderstood, you get a restaurant 2,000 miles away from where you are, or the On Star agent keeps you waiting for 10 minutes while they display their ineptitude. But just type in the restaurant name and street name on your phone navigation app and the right place invariably pops up. I understand if you are driving that the voice method would be attractive, but it never works. Just stop and type in the details. My phone navigation connects to the car navigation screen, so it is a perfect way to do it. Easy typing on the phone and easy display on the dashboard.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...