View Single Post
Old 11-03-19, 11:41 AM
biketampa
I don’t live in Tampa

Bikes: 2014 Jamis Ventura Race, 2014 Cervelo P2, 2017 Raleigh Tamland 1, 2015 Jamis Trail X

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Metieval
Unlike Jim , I won't take the time to set up 5+ quotes in sequence because some people can't read in sequence. that's on you!

Bottom line

for the same PSI, the Same Tire, the Same wheel, the same damn Rider, on the same day, at the same weight, with the same damn Pasta in his gut, and half digested cheeseburger in his intestine on the same rooty chunky paved, gravel dirt sand, pavers, concrete, blacktop, clay......

the Carbon topstone will > that the aluminum topstone version

the same goes for the Niner RLT RDO vs alloy too. And any other bike model offered in multiple flavors.

So PSI and width is irrelevant to the Topic!

It's like hey what's faster a malibu or a corvette? uhhh wait I have NOS in the Malibu!!!
I think it would be hard to argue that aluminum will ever feel better than carbon unless it’s some really crap carbon frame. I get what you’re saying regarding PSI. I have aluminum and carbon road bikes. With same PSI, same tires, same paved road both bikes probably feel similar enough but sure if I really tuned into what I was feeling I’m sure the carbon bike would feel better. I’m guessing on gravel the difference would be far more noticeable