Old 01-20-21, 12:57 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3148 Post(s)
Liked 1,714 Times in 1,034 Posts
I don’t think that Sachs has ever worked in anything other than steel, so you could argue he wouldn’t know what other materials can do.

You wouldn’t need to argue that with me, however, as I’m a steel lover. I definitely don’t like carbon fiber frames because they feel like plastic, which is not to say anything about their performance prowess when ridden, only that I don’t like the tactile sensation and the sense of fragility it imparts.

I’ve also not had a brilliant CF experience yet; I like my Dedacciai Gladiatore 2, which was designed as a comfortable, endurance bike, but I don’t find it particularly comfortable or inspiring to ride. I greatly prefer my steel Breezer Lightning in terms of comfort and ride quality. Both wear the same rims and tires.