Old 01-22-21, 10:25 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2325 Post(s)
Liked 4,993 Times in 1,778 Posts
Originally Posted by LaVieClaire86
Okay, so I just spoke to the [long time] owner of the bike shop I tested out of back in the 90s. The answer to the question about which high-end steel frame maker made that wonderful bike I tested is: Ben Serotta.

I've gone through this and other threads featuring old steel frame road bikes, and I have to admit that the photos of the Serotta bikes have been right up there on my list of Sweet Bikes. The CSI that Jamesdak owns, in particular, is one of the sweetest steel bikes I've seen in a quite some time...

Well.....don't limit yourself to just Serotta. I love mine but it doesn't even make it into the top 3 of my favorite riding bikes.

That would most likely be these:

Giordana XL Super - Just pure sex out on the road.

Davidson Impulse - Something magical about how this rides too that I can't put my finger on.

Lemond Maillot Jaune - Carries speed so well, handles the rough roads surfaces, and just reacts to my meager power like a rocket ship.

Honorable Mention:

Duell Vienna, the front can feel soft at times yet it's posted my fastest paces this year. I had an off year due to health but I think next year it may move into the top three once I get a better feel for what it can do.