Thread: Land Run 100
View Single Post
Old 03-20-17, 06:31 PM
Maverick 13330

Bikes: 2005 GIANT STP2, 2015 ROAM3, 1993 Trek 7900 Multitrack, Critical Single Speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FrontRanger
And are bragging rights/tuff-guy points worth more than the cost of replacing an entire drivetrain, or worse, a frame when the non-replaceable derailleur hanger is torn off?
There were 4 of us in family van returning from Guthrie to Stillwater.. the consensus is just to bring an old bike in to the race which whenever bike broke down or dipped in to a mud tears will not shed. One of the racer has this $2500 bike bought just last year having a hard time to hide his disbelief on the fate of his beautiful and shiny bike. Im a vintage bike enthusiast. Am now looking for some old bike to overhaul/repair only for LR use. A hybrid bike with an alum frame would be nice. In the FB marketplace in our area has lots for sale.

Just replaced my bikes B, brake pads and chain(mud went inside the bushings) and lastly threw my leg warmer, socks, shorts and my wife's old jacket(unable to clean them anyway). Based on my calculation, roughly around $100 of gears and component lost. Do i mind? Yes of course. But im an adult, i know what's at stake.

People are not forced to ride the event.. you dont get fined for not showing up in the starting line heck you can even refund your money if dont feel like doing it.
i dont understand all this whining and crying. If you dont like such event, better stay biking on your own where sunset and time will not get you pressured to finish as fast as possible.

Last edited by Maverick 13330; 03-20-17 at 06:37 PM.