Old 08-28-19, 06:33 PM
blazin
Blazer of saddles, trails

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Spoonrobot
I found the GK slicks to be noticeably better at resisting cuts than other tires. For the price I'm of the opinion they're the best rolling tires, all the other options are heavier/slower or much more expensive. I've run through two sets now with no issues, there's not an even distribution of tire cuts/flats so YMMV of course.
+1

For rides that include pavement, packed dirt, or light/small gravel, I have found these to be the most comfortable, fastest, and easiest tubeless tire.

Given their lightweight, however, they are not, not are they meant to be, the most durable tire. I have had issues with them, but these have come from doing things the tires really aren't meant for, like bunny hopping curbs. Yet I didn't hesitate to run them for a recent race that included some really rough jeep trails and singletrack (mostly because these constituted a very small percentage of the overall course) and they performed admirably and emerged unscathed. However, if you are riding predominantly chunky gravel, goathead-infested roads, or singletrack, I would look elsewhere.