Old 04-08-20, 09:15 AM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Padgett
Thank you! It's an early MTB. 1985 Fat Chance Competition, or Kicker. One of the only MTB frame builders on the east coast in the '80's. The exact model has been debated and it could be either as the company fulfilled many unique orders. 26" wheels, Maillard hubs laced to Araya RM-20's (not original) with some unmarked 2" knobbies from the 80's/90's that are still surprisingly supple. 20" frame.

If you ever see a bike with an under-the-chainstay u-brake like that, safe bet its '85-'88, they did not last long.
Araya must've been busy. Or maybe they still are? I bought a mid 90's Schwinn MTB from a family on FB and it has Araya rims too. I think the Bridgestone 400 I found for free does too. Yours is a very cool bike with a cool color scheme. I love seeing older bikes repurposed for some reason. I guess it's kind of like seeing older cars. I like that too. Even ones from the 80's and 90's. Those 80's cars are something. All boxy. I actually like seeing this era of cars more than classics cuz it's just different. Although the older cars are nice too. I think it's cuz the 80's and 90's cars bring back memories for me.

Next mission: an abandoned factory building (tell us what it produced when it was active