Old 04-09-20, 11:52 AM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Padgett
I also have some 27" (shows the age) arayas on my schwinn and they are GREAT rims. I know what you mean about repourposed things. I like the idea as well. For example, I am in the middle of a frame of resto on a '65 el camino, I am quite partial to that time period rather than the '80's.

Next mission: an abandoned factory building (tell us what it produced when it was active)

Oh wow, do I dare be so bold and go down a rabbit trail and ask for a pic of that beast? To be sure I'm not saying 80's cars are better looking than 60's car. I just like the memories they bring up. My daughter and I like to poke fun and laugh about now boxy a lot of 80's cars were. I mean, wow, it took a lot of imagination to shape some of them. Like an 80's Impala. I mean, it's like..... where's there design? Did they really pay someone to come up with that design? Anyone could do that. That being said, I still like them. LOL. All the big three were no better. I mean..... if gas mileage was the goal you would think it would've dawned on someone much earlier than it did that shaping cars like that would not be very efficient at cutting the wind. I mean it's not like other industries hadn't figured that out. What were they thinking????

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAD

My top 3 pics of beautiful American Cars are 70 Camaro, 65 Mustang Fastback, and a 46 Ford, chopped a bit. There or other imports that are purdy too, obviously.

Next mission: an abandoned factory building (tell us what it produced when it was active)