Old 06-13-20, 09:39 AM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2640 Post(s)
Liked 3,153 Times in 1,660 Posts
Hello Trobinson986 . Welcome to cycling and to bikeforums. I would agree that what you are experiencing is an overuse problem. These problems can be insidious and frustrating. It will likely take a while for the supporting soft tissues around your major muscle groups to condition and heal if they are already a little pissed off.

I would recommend backing off for a while, then starting up very slowly, gradually building towards the distance that you would like to achieve. Some coaches recommend that even seasoned athletes not increase their volume on the bike by more than 10% per week, and to pepper in a rest/light week every few. In addition, I would educate yourself about strengthening and stretching that you can do, and try to isolate exactly where the pain is coming from so you can do some targeted research, Or just see a PT.

Also, I would recommend investing in a professional bike fitting service, as often times these issues originate from a poor bike fit. We wish you luck!

Lastly, I am moving this thread from Road Bike Racing to general Road Cycling, as the topic is not specific to racing and you are likely to get a wider breadth of advice there. Good luck again.
Likes For TMonk: