Old 11-11-19, 03:14 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by JuiceWillis
Good luck, Dixie will gladly charge your pre-order, but if you do get a bike, it’ll probably take forever or it will come with a variety of problems like mine did (messed up fork and steerer tube, uneven drop out spacing, etc.)
Originally Posted by Baby Puke
On the other hand, I know of many people who are very happy with their Dixie Flyer and happy with Bobby's service. I do not own a DF, but full disclosure Bobby is a friend.
And this, my friends, illustrates the dilemma that occurs when buying (or selling) "China Carbon": Fluctuations in quality control.

Most people will great product. Others will not. I saw the same thing happen with Serenity. I've seen first hand it happen with "VISP" budget aluminum frames.

Recall that YouTube video about how easy it was to start a bike company in China? Something like $5,000 and you were off and running?

The manufacturers will simply deliver stuff you wouldn't (shouldn't) sell, just to keep from wasting time and materials. These pass on into the hands of customers. It's so bad that one company in the video pays a U.S. employee to live there near full time to watch what comes out of the factory and make sure they aren't shipping crap across the ocean (which also costs $).

China Carbon it's necessarily bad. Just know that it's a gamble.