Old 12-08-19, 06:39 AM
TinyBear

Bikes: Giant Boulder SE, Giant Seek1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
The complete list lf injuries resulting from my accident is long.

My left leg was almost completely severed above the ankle (had 2” of tissue and ligaments remaining). There was not enuff tissue to close the wound so I was sent home with packing and home care nursing for months until ultimately the 3rd surgeon was able to close it (of course in a few more months infection set in and my leg quite literally exploded (looked like a crime scene). I was then rushed to surgery to remove the metal as it harbours the dangerous infection. After a month of anti biotics being pumped into my heart I was brought back in for surgery #5 . My leg was re broken And metal put back in.

Additionally My right leg was also cut wide open and suffered some nerve damage. My left shoulder was dislocated for the 2nd time and I had a major concussion with some minor memory loss. And of course sprains and deep tissue bruising every were. I also had some road rash to contend with but honestly that was not all that bad in grand scream of things.

Today my shoulder and left leg bother me most of all. With my shoulder mostly being trouble some for sleeping and certain times lifting. My leg is a bit week, my left ankle can’t turn in or out more than couple degrees. My lower leg is very narrowed with a section of the inner leg missing (lol kinda looks like something took a bite out of my leg). This causes the tendons to be pressed togeather causing pain and swelling daily. More I do more it swells. I also have arthritis in my knee that’s advancing but is still manageable. And lastly the left legs an inch shorter than the right resulting in my shifting my hip to compensate.

Overall im very lucky and can manage most day to day stuff mostly unnoticed. The few limitations I have is obviously I’m a bit weaker and a bit slower. I can not kneel on my left and crouching down is painfull. Running is also awkward and much much slower.