Old 12-20-18, 01:12 AM
79pmooney
A Roadie Forever

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1750 Post(s)
Liked 149 Times in 108 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope View Post

Critics are far less reliable-- 2001: A Space Odyssey is 29th and Blade Runner #34 on Rotten Tomatoes' "Best Science Fiction Movies of All Time" list. That's just bonkers. Avatar at #66 ? Really? I guess critics really like Dances with Wolves + blue aliens. Visually stunning, but a story that doesn't hold up through more than one viewing.

..l.
I was totally riveted by Dances With Wolves the first time I saw it. (The full 4 hour version,) Next time it was the shortened version. That one did nothing for me. Last year I read the book. Wow! And saw that the author penned a perfect character for Kevin Costner to play; to the "T". Amazing that he didn't even know who Costner was when he wrote it. I loved that Native Americans were cast as real people, not caricatures. Though, I understand that they were Apache or Sioux, nor Comanche as so few Comanche survived.

Ben