Old 03-11-20, 08:03 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyG
It was the mention of a "Dental Mirror" that threw me. I think I remember seeing the photos from Jim from Boston previously.

Anyway, as I have mentioned before, Jim from Boston is one of the main folks here whose posts really helped me ride smarter, safer and more comfortably in winter conditions.
Hi @BobbyG,

Thanks for that nice comment, and I always read, and frequently LIKE your posts whenever I encounter them.

In my introduction to Bike Forums in 2008, I wrote:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
”Hello to this Forum”

I stumbled upon this Forum from another totally unrelated Blog and I was quite impressed at the volume of activity and range of interests….I have a really great commute that belies, IMO, the image of Boston as a city unfriendly to bicycling…

I have been perusing this site for a few weeks and I have had several comments to make so I hope to make useful contributions to future discussion threads, as well as glean from the comments of others
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…I have been an avid cyclist, as a lifestyle since about 1972…I happened serendipitously on Bike Forums in 2008, and it was frankly incredible to find a community that shared so many concerns I had kept to myself as a lone cyclist.

This enthusiasm has definitely increased my enjoyment of cycling. As far as improving it, what I have gotten directly from BF:

• the motivation and tips to ride in rain, and wintry roads, i.e. studded tires
  • the Fifty-Plus Annual rides that motivate me to train in the nice weather
  • the safety tip to watch the front wheels of a car rather than the body or hood to anticipate what the driver is going to do
  • the opportunity to post and literally "journal" my thoughts and activities about cycling and lifestyle (even if nobody else reads them), but which I wouldn't write down otherwise.

So thanks for the opportunity,