Old 03-11-20, 10:36 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyG
... Anyway, as I have mentioned before, Jim from Boston is one of the main folks here whose posts really helped me ride smarter, safer and more comfortably in winter conditions.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Hi @BobbyG,

Thanks for that nice comment...In my introduction to Bike Forums in 2008, I wrote:
...I have been perusing this site for a few weeks and I have had several comments to make so I hope to make useful contributions to future discussion threads, as well as glean from the comments of others.
FWIW, I just recalled that I had posted in 2018 to a now-closed thread:
For me the heady days on the Forums were from about 2008 to 2016, in particular participating in the Fifty-Plus Annual Rides, which have since disappeared.

I think I have absorbed all the good advice I can for a complete and agreeable cycling lifestyle, and recently I have clicked on many fewer threads than before. In the past I have offered IMO several useful suggestions about cycling, particularly for winter and urban cycling, to multiple repetitive threads. They are usually lost in the morass of often scores of replies, both in agreement and dispute with mine.

I’m not especially motivated to read or write about rides in areas I will never visit, or bikes I would not buy.
Other cyclists’ biking stories are often meaningful to me, but usually not consequential enough for a reply.

Frankly, now my main enjoyment is reading the personal clashes on the various threads, such as these current ones: "I work with a moron", or ”How often do you check your mirror?.
Nonetheless, I still read and post to favorites:
…I prefer more the experiential discussions on BF rather than the technical/materiel (hardware) Forums, so I daily visit General Discussion, Advocacy & Safety, Commuting, Fifty-Plus, Living Car Free, Road Cycling, Touring, and seasonally, Winter Cycling.

As to my participation on the Forum...I have a style of posting that has been noted by others.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 03-11-20 at 11:42 AM. Reason: added "Nonetheless..."