View Single Post
Old 02-06-14, 10:35 AM
THSdrummer

Bikes: '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We got hit with a big snow storm here two days ago, and school has been cancelled the past two days. I grabbed my friends GoPro and set out to do a bit of (slow) riding and photography.

My biggest tip that I've learned over 2 days, is test it. Someone else said it. If you're going to do shots from off the bike (i.e. looking at you), play around with it first. I tried two where I sat the GoPro on a small tripod and rode past it. One was to far away, and the other didn't really offer any good pictures (the guy I was working with moved the GoPro to a different location, which is not what I wanted to do - it reduced the amount of pictures we got and removed some good background). It was his GoPro and I was being bossy, so I didn't correct him on it.

I've been working on a few cool angles on the bike. Some turned out real cool, others were a waste of space. It sounds like you're doing video though which generally turns out good regardless of camera placement.

I would also like to point out I didn't have the GoPro app or the Wifi remote (both of which would've made things a LOT easier).