View Single Post
Old 01-15-10, 01:22 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 963 Times in 628 Posts
I am trying to ID this Bianchi basketcase. I have already got the stuck seat post out, and I think the bike is rebuildable. It looks similar to the 1981 Nuovo Racing from the catalogs above, but the decals are wrong, the tubing decal is on the down tube, not the seat tube. Since the decal on the top tube states: "Nuova Racing", sounds like the model name on this one.

The components are pretty much a dead on match with the 1981 Nuovo Racing: Universal 77 brake calipers, Nuovo Record derailleurs and levers, Ofmega crankset, headset and bb, Mavic Module E rims, Superbe brake levers (hoods are long gone), etc. Unfortunately, the Campy derailleurs are in really rough shape, anything that is steel (springs and bolts) is really rusted up. The seat post just has the script G P near the top. No other markings. Made in Italy decal. I may have to put some Suntour Blueline components on it, as they are the closest I have in the bin.

Seat post is 27.2mm. Stem is Cinelli, bars are TTT.

I haven't found a serial number anywhere on this bike. Depending on how well the rebuild goes, this one could be a keeper. The next step is an oxalic bath.

As found:

Top tube model label:

Last edited by wrk101; 01-15-10 at 01:26 PM.