View Single Post
Old 12-22-19, 08:42 PM
Commando

Bikes: 1975 Raleigh Superbe, Abeni Triatlon, 1992 GT Timberline custom "neo-klunker", 1988 Miyata Valley Runner Townie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
More bikes, the self-propelled type.

My first Norton Commando back home in Canada. a 1972 Roadster Combat

Foolishly sold that after I moved to Australia. Within 18 months I'd bought another, from Canada, as they're about twice the price in Australia. A 1971 Roadster

I had heaps more bikes over the years, but have recently sold all but the Norton and the 'modern' Gas Gas EC300 to clear out the shed and simplify my life. Even sold or gave away several bicycles. This way I can concentrate on keeping just a couple on the road and enjoy riding them. Leaves me more time to spend with the kid and wife as well. Recently purchased a 1981 Suzuki PE175 (so much for simplifying)

After selling lots of other stuff I liked collecting, such as vintage mowers and stationary engines, etc, I consolidated all that junk into one big piece of junk, which my daughter loves driving around in and working on. A 1976 Land Rover Series 3. Opposed to the Commandos, these are cheap here in Australia, and astronomical in North America.