Old 11-27-20, 02:29 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
I see all these folks who love the radar thing. I get that. But 20 lumens steady, 65 day flash??? Really? And short battery life with few lighting choices. I want at least 200. My Dinotte is 300 lumens and has a zillion lighting choices. I guess I'm spoiled. Lights are all about the lumens. You want the driver to see you very clearly at least a mile away in daylight. I've had motorists thank me for running such bright lights. They're actually a hair too bright at night - don't want to blind anyone, so I point the taillight down a bit, so that it also illuminates the pavement behind me.
It's cool that you're so well versed with its shortcomings having never used one - that's a gift.

It's bright. It can be seen plenty far enough away. When approaching vehicles are within radar range (150 yards or so), it goes spastic with brighter flashing regardless of mode, even when in Low. Since it's reactive, rather than dumb, more lighting modes really aren't necessary. In Day Flash mode, which is what I use 95% of the time, it'll last a good 200 mile week without needing a recharge.

But yeah, it sucks - don't buy one.
Likes For WhyFi: