Old 07-13-19, 04:47 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
You will fit right in on this list.
You are planning to use your car(s) less than previously but still will keep and use one car because given your circumstances it is better for your family than the difficulty of actually living car free.
He sure will fit right in here!

I used to rent as many as a dozen or more cars every year, but I have not OWNED a car since 1989. I take a taxi now and then as well. My wife of 25 years has always owned a car. Sure, in an emergency I could use it but same as the guy you are trolling - it is NOT my car. I have to ask to use it, and like a rental car I am expected to fuel it before returning it.

My household is "car-light" but I consider myself "car-free" as I do not have a car in my name. My name is not on the title of my wife's car and we have a separation of property agreement in a prenup. I kept the car maintained for about 15 years but now my new job hours does not give me time, so my wife has to deal with the maintenance. It's her car in the end and her responsibility.

Aletifer is welcome here. Trolls offering nothing of value and only venom...not so much.
Likes For JoeyBike: