Old 07-16-19, 11:05 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 2,509 Times in 1,049 Posts
I'm tired of BF's garbage platform; I've had enough

Once again, for the umpty-umpth time, BF has timed me out and sent a post I spent some time crafting off into the ether, never to be seen again. The number of times this has happened is well into double digits. I have reported this to the BF poobahs and have received no response. Nothing. Crickets.

There is supposed to be an auto-save function: it doesn't work for sh*t. Hasn't for years

The search function has never worked for sh*t, at least not since the founder sold BF to whatever company it was.

Since that sale, we at BF have been the unwitting beta testers of buggy updates.

And I, for one, have had enough.

I will miss the C&V community; lots of good people, great bikes and fantastic shared knowledge here. But I am tired of a forum where the people ultimately in charge (and I mean far above the level of the mods, whose thankless efforts I very much appreciate) continuously send the message that I (and all of us) are to be held in contempt. So I choose to no longer hang out in a place where management makes it so clear that they don't give a flying you-know-what about me.

Farewell and tailwinds to my fellow C&Vers.