Old 12-18-19, 09:33 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by 2_i
Different people operate under different circumstances and make different choices. The time I pinched the tube and rubbed through it, thinking that I was rubbing off ice, I was not going home but to some office. I got to my destination, took care of my goal there and then turned to the tire that I worked on in the open. I got the tube out of the studded tire, patched it, put the tire back on and continued with my tasks for the day. For all I know that tube may still be functioning on the bike without any repatching. State of mind often matters more than actual circumstances - here I wait to be admonished.
My point is that in really cold weather you do NOT want a tire/rim combination that's really too tight to remove the tire very easily. Plus in that cold weather plastic or similar tire levers can break a lot easier.

When I said that he video showed a guy changing a tube in a non-studded tire in warm weather I was referring to the fact that it did NOT show a studded tire being changed in cold weather. I ride in cold enough temperatures that you do not want to be working on anything with bare hands. YMMV

Cheers