Old 12-19-19, 11:40 AM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4393 Post(s)
Liked 3,017 Times in 1,866 Posts
Originally Posted by 2_i
We have a nice winter weather now, but I cannot afford shooting a video on a workday. On the other hand, our weekend weather is forecast to be warmish. On the next opportunity, when stars align, I will try to put a wheel + my regular equipment out to freeze and shoot a video of a studded tire being taken off and put back on in the field. Heck, I'll try to do both 700c and 16". A studded tire is just a tire. To underscore the role played by the state of mind, when I was first putting a studded 16" on, I went into a complete panic - the smaller tires leave you well less margin to maneuver than large. I damaged the tube twice in two consecutive attempts. After I did it few more times, with more thought put in, it is now no different than large, basically deserving a yawn.
Look, I don't know what you are trying to prove, but you are missing the point. If you really want to address the concerns similar to the considerations of the OP (me), then I suggest you do the following: Ride for 2 hours at -5 °F. Then, out on some random trail or road, make a video of you easily changing your tire. With your superior state of mind, I'm sure that too will be a yawn.

There has been some very helpful advice and discussion on this thread. Thanks all.