Old 11-12-15, 05:42 PM
Erwin8r

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DMC707
Thanks Jarret ---

I like the premise - weights, lots of low intensity stuff , followed by a couple of hard efforts a week is a scaled down version of some late season periodization schemes i've seen

No problems on the sleeping--- one of the things that prompted me to visit the doc recently was i was getting tired in the middle of the day and needed to take a nap - a high carb meal would prompt this too --- i thought i had diabetes or something-- (i dont have it --- and i love a nap occasionally, but everyday seemed a bit much when i got 6-7 hours of sleep a night regularly

Its pretty bad when i get invited to a party and tell my friends i cant make it - i have a litany of canned excuses for stuff like this, but the truth of the matter is i just dont feel like showing my face -- i thought it curious that i felt like this since i have been dealing with my weight problem for years now and my better friends are already used to the "new me" -- this tells me there is a psychological component to a weight loss struggle i am dealing with too
--- i told myself i'd be better off staying home and riding my bike than drinking and cracking jokes . In person, i'm a pretty gregarious guy, but i just didnt feel like "getting up" to be the life of the party for the umpteenth time

I likely have some issues outside the scope of a forum for heavyset cyclists, but for now i'll focus on going into the winter with some positive goals

As an aside, i found out on recent trips to the mountains that i'm a fairly good downhill rider, -- likely some residual skills left over from long ago BMX and motocross sessions, --- so this gives me something to look forward to --- when the slopes open up next May, i'd truly like to pin a number on again

I truly used to love to compete, -- i didnt ride for the love of riding, in fact it got to be a drag at times . I looked at the training during the week merely as the mechanism it took so i'd be ready to race on the weekends. Thats one of the reasons it was so easy to kick the bike to the curb when my racing aspirations were over -- it was almost a relief, ---

-- but now, i need the bike to serve as the shovel as i try to dig myself out of a hole
DMC, you're not alone... I imagine more than a few of us here know precisely how you feel--I know I do. I'm currently pulling back on the stick, hard, to power out of a nose dive (being served with divorce papers, struggling at a weight plateau, etc.), but "it ain't over 'til its over!" for me . I, too, am checking out Jarret's link as my diet is not my friend right now (I'm counting everything, but seem to be on a serious yo-yo). Still, the fight goes on... Hang in there, bud.

Oh, and I forgot to mention--I'm living vicariously through Jsig's/TH's/PJ's expoits...