Old 10-21-12, 01:38 PM
bigfred 

Bikes: More than 1, but, less than S-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rowan
Sorry, but if there is one single sworn statement that Armstrong has made to any court, he is in strife, if he cannot prove the mountain evidence against him is false. It's this that will get him, not necessarily the doping.

There are many who are living with the choices they made, and the guilt is overwhelming them, and they are now prepared to admit to it, at great personal cost. Maybe Armstrong's mindset is to iron-clad that he won't ever admit to anything.

Also, it was interesting the read of Kristin's comments, that she has been bound by legal confidentiality agreements to remain silent on all this... plus her loyalty to the three kids. She must be going through hell at the moment.

bigfred probably had it right when saying let sleeping dogs lie.

But Armstrong was so arrogant about everything, that USADA couldn't let it go when there was evidence of his doping and his fundamental part in developing the masks and evasion of detection.

I still maintain Armstrong is at risk of prosecution and jail -- I don't think he was through the process enough in the legal system to take advantage of double-jeopardy rules.
Their problem with perjury charges may be that the "mountain of evidence" is testamony from other involved particpants. I think they would need something more concrete to make a jail sentence stick. The fraud charges were already dropped, so, I would be surprised to see those brought back up. The only other remaining issue might be if there was some sort of side evidence, not related to the doping accusations, that proved tax evassion.