TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Beachgrad05
If you go the PCH way...it won't be too bad? I had fun last Sat on my ride thru Santiago. I used a route you shared with me to figure out route after Santiago Cyn. I enjoyed it. Was a first for me that I was sweating so much that I left SALT on my U/A cap under my helmet! I used two pickle juice shots and 4 bottles with electrolytes plus my camelbak filled with ice/water. Man I needed that in the canyon to get COLD water here and there.
So... right before you turn into Santiago Canyon there's a little mini mall with a gas station. I always stop there and get a Subway™ sammich (extra pickles and mustard please!) and some fresh cold water before heading into the canyon. It looks like you found Cooks corner on your own, they've never hassled me about loading up on water there either. At the end of that bike path in Dana Point, there's a public restroom with water fountains - not great tasting water but if you need it, you need it! That's what Nuun is for I guess. Even on a hot day, that's 8 bottles worth which is usually enough. If you get desperate, there are also fountains along the campsites before you reach San Onofre.

If it's really hot (or there's a fire up in Trabuco, hello!!) , we turn down Jamboree, hit a few bike paths and go through Laguna canyon, which you've probably done plenty. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/30727144