HTupolev

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1974 Post(s)
Liked 1,298 Times in 630 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
Well done, @HTupolev!!

What route did you take?
That was right after Sunday's Ride to Remember Oso. Rather than take the bus back to Arlington, I decided to check out the Whitehorse Trail.

The first picture is on Powerline Road. I briefly left the trail because the stream running beside it had decided to not merely be running beside it. I was okay with just dealing with the water when it was only my tire submerged, but once it got up to my derailleur and I started carrying the bike, it seemed like it might be worth it to momentarily ride someplace else.

Second picture is a bit farther south, back on the trail.

I ultimately didn't spend all that much time on the trail. The pictures show good gravel, but it features a big variety of surfaces, and more than my bike can comfortably handle. While I was bouncing around on thorn-covered rough grass in sight of Highway 530 I saw a paceline fly past, and decided to retreat to the silky-smooth pavement.

Originally Posted by tangerineowl
Your bike reminds me of something I was reading yesterday:-
Bike Check: Legor Cicli?s 650b steel all-road bike | road.cc
Sweet bike. Mine is a drop bar conversion of an '83 Stumpjumper; we're both using Compass tires, although mine are the Rat Trap Pass EL 26ers, so slightly wider and slightly lower-diameter.

Last edited by HTupolev; 03-22-17 at 02:09 PM.