View Single Post
Old 12-29-19, 05:50 PM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,000 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by AZ4Mtb
Wrapping up the restore of a classic 90s MTB for a commuter and am looking for pedals. I prefer something with SPD and would ideally like clips on both sides but would also like to be able to pedal without cleats for short rides. I am looking at both the DMR V-Twin Clipless Pedals and the SHIMANO Saint PD-M820 and wondering if they would work. Both seem to have a decent sized platform with pegs that can be installed for extra grip. Also, the Shimano PD-M324 but they only clip on one side and I have a feeling I'll get tired of butter side down problems. Can anyone offer an experienced opinion? Thanks!
I'm really liking the Shimano EH500. The flat side is very grippy and the pedal is balanced for the SPD side, so running flats requires a flipping motion. Mine came with the multi release cleats, so watch for that - apparently it is an option.

Likes For DorkDisk: