Old 08-17-17, 10:24 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Yeah, I'm curious about the S33s as well.

I have a Tufo S3 Lite 21mm (tubular-clincher) on one of my front wheels. Out of the package, it's very sticky...which may be good or bad. Good that it's sticky to the touch. Bad in that it may simply grab a layer of dust and hold on to it.

I've only used it outdoors on concrete. I'm curious to know if it would be appropriate for use at ADT/LA/Home Depot/whatever it's called.
I would use them. Like I said above, They weren't any worse than other high end tires. Rochester Hills and Bromont were slippery compared to most tracks (that protective plastic layer on the wood), and I found no problems on those tracks. The tires are sticky out of the box, but I found that to be because they came from the factory extremely clean. Most tires still have that layer of mold release on them when they are new. I found the Tufo tires didn't have this on them. I still gave them a good clean with rubbing alcohol and a few swipes around the tire with a scotch-brite pad. The tread compound is quite soft on the Elite models. It doesn't wear too quickly, but it is definitely a race tire in my opinion. They also keep the weight down with a thinner tread, so anyone looking to make a purchase may want to bear this in mind.

All in all, they are probably the best value in tires on the market, and I would't hesitate to purchase them again. I would recommend them to anyone looking to try something new, as they definitely won't hold you back.