Old 07-05-18, 06:18 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by atrp2biz
I'm not looking for the shredded look per se but it has become more of an experiment at this point. I'll be satisfied in a range of 185-190.

My family has been tremendously supportive despite my wife being a physician who thinks I'm just being silly. We had sheppard's pie the other day and my wife substituted cauliflower for the potatoes. She's supportive of the IF, but thinks it's crazy to avoid fruits[/color=brown]. My kryptonite in the past has been potato chips and she feels that as long as I avoid those, I'd lose weight. In any case, I'm on the path I'm on and am curious of what the outcome will be in 2-3 months.

I can't stress this enough. It is an EASY 'diet'. I use the term diet loosely because I think diets are short-term changes in eating patterns, but keto is something that can be maintained as a new way of living/eating.
I kind of agree with your wife on this especially because there are valuable nutrient in fruits that may not be readily available if you restrict your diet too much. One of the reasons why PSMF (an extreme form of keto) is only advised for a short duration.
Originally Posted by JLDickmon
I cheat every once in a great while.. had two double cheese burgers at the ballpark Tuesday night.. but no beer, just water..
I'm usually three eggs and sausage or bacon in the morning,
steak, chicken or pork at lunch with a big clump of broccoli and some ranch dressing, white cheese, zero carb sports drink and protein milk (Costco)
Then more marbled beef at dinner, usually with asparagus & butter. Unsweetened iced tea.
Almonds for snacks.

I choose and cook (smoke) my own meats, and make my own smoked almonds.

Down 50lbs since right before Christmas.

Man, I miss tacos...
I don't think of it as cheating, rather, a reward for all you hard work. Just plan it as a special day once a week or biweekly.

Last edited by KraneXL; 07-05-18 at 06:24 PM.