View Single Post
Old 04-26-19, 02:07 AM
bentstrider83

Bikes: An e-bike, an e-recumbent trike, and a strict pedal Schwinn World Sport single-speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Haven't posted here in awhile and had to sign up under another name since I long lost all my other info. But I've been living in the Clovis/Portales area and actually saw this gentleman riding along the Prince St bridge as I was taking a trailer to get unloaded in Portales. Not three hours later, I was driving the semi back to the yard in Clovis and came across police activity on the SB side of the US-70. I saw some telltale signs of an accident, but no other car involved apart from the F-150 that struck Astner. A chill kind of swept over me knowing that a guy I saw alive hours earlier was now deceased.

That said, I took it upon myself to get a ghost-bike installed near the scene of the accident. Details were scant about his identity until information slowly started trickling out. It's being treated as an on-going case, so I assume that's the reason info has been slow getting out. In fact, I've got to head back out and change the name on the sign from "Aster" to "Astner" since a FB contact on a local bicycle group just informed me. Apart from the ghost bike I put up, there's also going to be a memorial ride being held for Astner this Saturday morning. The 27th.

I drive and ride these roads out here all the time and like many places, either reckless drivers and too much testosterone. Or more usual, inattentiveness like texting and the like.
Likes For bentstrider83: