hairnet
Fresh Garbage

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by icecarver
Just to check that I'm clear in my thinking: If the crankset says it's designed for a 107 spindle on a bike with a 120mm rear spacing and my bike does indeed have a 120mm rear spacing, the shell width shouldn't make a spit's lick of difference on the chain line should it?

Starting to feel like I'm beating a dead horse and I just don't want to admit defeat

On that note, how hard is re-dishing a wheel w/out a wheel stand? I think that's my last option. I just need to gauge if it is worth the time.
Yes, the spindle length isn't affected by the shell besides what's the minimum length.

Redishing isn't difficult if you have some wheel truing experience. You will need a spoke wrench and some sort of dishing gauge. You can use the bike as a truing stand and the brake as the feeler gauge. I like the respace & redish job. Feels like bike surgery.

I too was thinking this thing really isn't worth the extra effort but those pictures changed my mind. That thing is a tank! Those lugs and dropouts are incredible and pretty damn cool.

Last edited by hairnet; 06-19-19 at 12:20 AM.