Old 08-18-16, 08:50 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by seth10015
Sorry if I missed if you said it, but are you riding on the motorcycle with you wife.
Absolutely...

She enjoys motorcycling as much as cycling, and we both prefer to ride two-up as often as we can.

She enjoyed riding on the back of my Honda CBR1100 "GT" for day trips into the mountains, but balked a bit when the Honda had to be replaced and I switched to a BMW Sport Touring bike (R1100S). I bought a second BMW -- a larger R1150RT Sport Touring bike and she absolutely did not enjoy the upright touring experience in full gear, etc. When I asked what her idea of the perfect bike was she said without hesitation, a Harley.

We started out on a 2011 Dyna Wide Glide and put about 8,000 miles on it including quite a few 300+ mile trips to Panama City Beach. However, as much as we enjoyed that I decided that we'd need a bigger bike with cruise, etc., since we found ourselves doing a lot of those long trips on what was essentially a cruiser. So, we ended up adding a 2013 Road King CVO to our stable. The first one had 18,000 miles on it when a motorist decided to run us down and totaled it. We replaced it with an identical one and have put 8,000 miles on it, the most recent 2,000 of which was put on riding from Atlanta to Key West over the 4th of July week. It's become an annual trip for us. This is a photo of our current Road King with our Bushtec trailer.

Your results may vary.