Old 10-30-19, 01:33 AM
RMoudatir

Bikes: Otso Warakin, 2014 Fuji Sportif 1.4 disc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Confidence destroyed, humiliated for starting a thread in Red-dit cycling

I don't know where to start but I recently made a post on a ****** (starts R ends with a T, censored for some reason, pronounced "read it") forum cycling about me having difficulty getting muscle soreness and thought that muscle soreness was an indicator of a good workout. I gave some background information of how I started cycling and what kind of riding I do. I mentioned that I did a 20 mile ride a few days ago, that I was going full gas all the way but that even when I was hurting all the way, that I experienced little to no soreness. I just asked for any advice that would help me.

After I made the post, people started commenting things such as "how autistic are you?" "we aren't here to stroke your ego". One person even asked in what time I did 20 miles and I said in 1:20 hr and I get so many negative downvotes for that and he says that it is pedestrian speed. Someone even shared my post to another forum and they are all putting me down saying how embarrassingly slow I am and that their grandma rides faster than me. I've become a laughingstock now all over ******. Honestly I feel unmotivated to even go out on the bike anymore. I just cared about breaking my own personal records and improving my fitness, I could care less if I'm slower than 90% of cyclists. I feel pretty down and unmotivated to cycle.

Last edited by RMoudatir; 10-30-19 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Spelling