Old 10-30-19, 03:56 AM
dabac

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked 295 Times in 222 Posts
1) I haven't read your original post. I can't say if there is anything in it that - however unintentionally - might have set something like that off.
2) Different sites have different "atmospheres", or customs. Head over to the cycling section of Yahoo Answers if you feel short of your daily dose of arrogance and marginal helpfulness. This site is generally very friendly.
3) There are haters everywhere. Ride more, fret less.
4) Muscle soreness vs quality of workout - I don't know about that. First, it depends on if your're trying to build stamina or strength. If I do an endurance session in a discipline I'm used to, I don't get noticeably sore either. I've done 60 mile XC MTB races and been quite ready for some yard work the next day. However, a far shorter climbing session, sprints or technique training, I'll feel those the next day. I'fe done 200-mile road rides where getting a bit saddle sore, and some twinges in the neck/shoulders is all that remained the next day. The sleep deprivation due the early start has probably been the most influence.
5) "full gas" and "hurting all the way" are not calibrated values. It's like over in the mechanics section when someone says they got the mechanical fastener of your choice "pretty tight" and ask about why it came off. I have no way of telling if you should have been trying harder, or HTFU during your session or if you're simply gifted with Wolverine or Deadpool-like powers of recovery.
6) There Is Always Someone Faster. Unless you're training for a specific goal, don't worry about it. There's just about only one situation where I feel the right to have an opinion, and that is people joining group rides based on what they can do on stationary bikes. My club has a no-drop-policy on group rides, and it can get a bit slow and boring when we're joined by someone who's judging their ability for average speed based on a trainer/stationary bike.