View Single Post
Old 04-23-04, 09:53 AM
chuckfox
'possum killer

Bikes: mountain bike (Litespeed Pisgah), touring bike (Giant Frankenbike), tandem (Burley Samba), fixie (Raleigh Rush Hour)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GreenFix
The bars are comfortably wide, and the lever pull is natural when my hands are on the ends of the bars. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I rarely ride int he drops, so bullhors, make sense to me.

I forgot to mention, my next project is to try to relocate the shifting on this bike. I have discovered I am not a fan of the downtube shifters. I do not think bar end shifters will fit in these bars, so I was considering thumb shifters mounted under the bars toward the ends. That way I would have the brakes and shifting all at my finger tips. Any ideas or experiences with this would be greatly appreciated.
I decided to equip my commuter with the bullhorn bars. Like you I like the wideness and never rode the drops. I went with a "stoker 26" bar from profile design, it allowed me to put my bar end shifters in the ends of the bar and conventional road brake levers on the curve at the very tip of the horn. I've been riding that setup for a couple of months and I really like it. I think you saw it when I originally posted a picture of the whole rig on the first page of this thread. Good luck with the modifications, I really enjoy the tinkering.