View Single Post
Old 09-17-12, 08:56 AM
Chitown_Mike
That guy from the Chi

Bikes: 88 Trek 800 - gone to new cheeks; '14 Trek 1.2 - aka The X1 Advanced; '13 Trek 3500 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
1. If your bicycle fits properly, and you've got the right saddle, and you are wearing the right clothing, there's rarely any chafing. I don't use any creams.
2. A person would make stops. Small country grocery stores in the middle of nowhwere are good choices.
3. Do your #2 before the ride ... use the ditch for everything else. Or the toilet in the small country grocery store in the middle of nowhere.

Machka, I have a found that if I want comfort in regards to saddle position/riding style then I sacrifice my ability to maintain a more moderate pace and tire easily, from my guessing it is because I am sitting up straighter. But when I set the seat more aggressive I can maintain a faster pace but then run into chafing problems, but I have been using Bag Balm on all my long rides and have very little soreness or issues. What have you done/suggestions to the situation?

Also I know what you mean on finding shorts, I have a pair of Canari shorts that I love, but since they have a few thousand miles on them and are a few years old I am finding that they will need replacing soon. I haven't found a pair with the same "setup", as you will, that matches how these are made. Should have bought 2 when I did.